Fashion Product Lab powered by Mettā is the region’s first creative program focused on Fashion designers.
We are calling all fashion entrepreneurs to apply. This is an opportunity to improve your business skills and learn from the best practices from industry experts and transform the creative economy in East Africa.
Facilitated by Mettā, selected entrepreneurs will work closely with creative industry experts through workshops, expert sessions and beyond the box innovation challenges.
* Note: The programme is open only to Kenyan based teams.
Applications close June 16th, 2019.
Applications must satisfy the following requirements:
1. Applicants must have an initiative related to fashion design, notably on Fabric.
2. Initiative must have progressed beyond proof of concept. The FPL program is not intended for untested ideas, Any such ideas will not be considered.
3. Only fully completed applications will be considered.
4. All applicants must provide accurate contact details. In the event that the applicant is not reachable through all contacts , they will not be considered.
5. Applicants need to confirm availability in Nairobi for the duration of the program.
Benefits you'll enjoy
About the Programme
Fashion Product Lab (FPL) is the ultimate 6-week programme initiated with the aim of supporting the growth of Africa MSMEs in the creative industries, notably the fashion Industry. By empowering the creative community as a driver for the development of the skills and capacity of African creative industries, the program aims to stimulate innovation on the continent, especially for fashion startups.
Fashion is a key player on the African continent in regional and global integration. Fashion as an industry has also employed a lot of youth who are leveraging on their social media savviness to sell. With Fashion Product Lab (FPL), the program assumes leadership in promoting investments in the fashion sector, increasing access to finance for entrepreneurs and accelerating start-ups.
Timeline of Event
17th June - Shortlisting & Needs Assessments
15th July - Program Kick-off
28th August - End of sessions
31st August - Demo Day
3rd September - Post Program